Friday, January 29, 2010

Peace Like A River

Two of my Grandmother's favorite hymns are It Is Well With My Soul and Peace Like A River . Today for some reason I felt the urge to hear them so it was off to youtube where I found the linked videos. Both are moving but this amazing version of 'It Is Well' which begins with Bill Gaither telling the tragic story of how that beautiful song came to be written is beyond words and I urge you to watch it.

As most of you know, I am not usually very vocal when it comes to religion but, I am a born again Christian and though I am far from a perfect example of Christianity, I am firm in my beliefs. God has a way of sending us messages when we need them. Today I needed to hear the messages in those two hymns. Maybe some one who comes across this post is in need of them too.

It's so easy to get bogged down in the trials of every day life and get low and depressed. Problems and drama can come at you from every direction, even from well-meaning friends. When you find yourself feeling that way, take a moment to open yourself to the message that God has for you, remember what it is that truly matters.

It is well with my soul.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree - have a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is well with my soul is one of my favorites! Such an inspiring story, too. Thanks for reminded me of this hymn....I will be humming it all day now :)

    ReplyDelete