Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Splitcoast inspirations and such

Two of the things I love most about the Splitcoaststampers community is how much inspiration you can find there and the fact that you can meet crafters from all over who truly become your friends. Some times I just browse the gallery, some times I check out the challenges forum but no matter where I look, there's tons of inspiration to get my crafty mojo going.
Here are a couple of cards I made for challenges posted on Splitcoast:


I LOVE the Riley and Sophie Moose stamps. Thank goodness they found a home at Riley and Company instead of being lost forever when the company that formerly carried the line went bust.
Don't you just love the tiny clothespin embellishment?


This next card was fun to make. I had not used my Daffodil stamp by PSX in quite a while. I got several compliments on my coloring of these flowers. Just goes to show, you can get good results with some cheap generic markers. I know Copic markers are all the rage but I just can't justify the cost of them.





This card is for a breast cancer awareness card swap. A sweet lady named Grace had sent me the little bra image and sentiment as a gift. It seemed perfect for this purpose. I just designed my card around that focal point.
This swap is hosted by my friend Vivian. Please check out her blog, Lovely Lady Lumps
and support her fight against breast cancer.


Last card for today.

The dress and sentiment are both digital stamps from Squigglefly.com . While I don't think digital stamps will ever replace the joy of inking up some rubber for me, I do see the appeal. Where else can you re-size your image to your liking? Squigglefly has some VERY cute images so if you have been thinking about trying digital stamps or are already hooked, be sure to check them out. The prices are great and as another benefit, you don't have to wait for shipping!


Happy crafting my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment