Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tonks the Cat

Charles and I are pleased to announce the arrival of the newest member of our family, Tonks the cat. I'm sure you would expect such an announcement to come with photos of the new fur-baby. However, Tonks is in hiding and is not yet ready for her first photo session. We are letting her do her own thing and giving her time to get comfortable in her new surroundings. We will get better acquainted and take pictures when she is ready.


I had a particularly rough week at the office and it ended on a very sour note. Without going into a lot of whining detail, I will quote my good friend Kennie: "Mean people suck"!!


After such an ordeal, I am particularly glad to have something positive to focus on such as getting Tonks adjusted in her new forever home.


I also find the Serenity Prayer comforting at such times.


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment