Thursday, September 16, 2010

As The World Stops Turning, Weezer Keeps Rockin' and Rollin'

I grew up watching soap operas with my Mom and Grandma. They were both housewives and it was the daily routine after lunch to turn on The Young and The Restless , The Bold and The Beautiful and As The World Turns . Although Mom and Grandma gave up the soaps long ago, I have watched them off and on throughout my adult life. This Friday the final episode of As The World Turns will be aired. The soap that first went on the air in 1956 is coming to an end.


It's kind of sad to see such a long running show end but some people are taking it a little TOO hard. Yes, I know, if you watched it daily you will miss it... but it's just tv ok? The actors and actresses will move on to other things. Some are actually slated to land safely on The Young and The Restless. Life goes on.


****


Last night, much to my delight, as I was poking around on itunes, I discovered a new album had been released by Weezer. I immediately purchased Hurley . Weezer never fails me. Their upbeat sound makes it hard not to smile. Hurley rocks.


I was amused to discover one of the bonus tracks on the deluxe album is a cover of Coldplay's Viva La Vida. I wouldn't have imagined that working... but it totally does. If you get a chance, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment