Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stampfest 2011!

Almost every year (I missed last year) my BFF and I head to Stampfest, the rubber-stamp convention in Orlando. The event is a stampers dream. Classes to try new products and techniques followed by two days of shopping til ya drop... or run out of money... which ever happens first. It's always a fun time. This year was quite the adventure. 

This year's event was held at the Orlando Sun Resort. You can read my review of the hotel here: Orlando Sun Resort Should Be Your LAST Resort. Our experience there was so bad, you couldn't PAY us to ever stay there again. But despite the poor accommodations, the trip was over all awesome. 

I very rarely get to see my BFF as we now live on opposite sides of the Country. (Sheesh, could you move ANY further away and still be in the U.S.? Ok, well there's still Hawaii and Alaska I guess....) Anyway, what little time I get with her is always precious and I hope it wont be a year before I see  her again. 

We saw a lot of familiar faces at Stampfest. Some vendors have been going there as long as I have if not longer. Some favorites include Inky Antics , Just For Fun Rubber Stamps and Stamp On It . I was particularly impressed with newcomers Local King Rubber Stamps . The Canadian based couple were a delight and their stamps are great!

It was interesting to see that I am not the only stamper who has been dabbling in jewelry making lately. One booth actually had quite a bit of jewelry making supplies.

I've been playing with my new toys a little. Here are a few pics:

Making paper flowers


Above made using a "geo die-cut"
Below tiny gift box made into a cow

  

That's it for now. More pics later as I continue to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment