Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Almost Turkey Time!

I've seen a lot of talk on the news about the fact that more and more, Thanksgiving is being overshadowed by Christmas. This is mainly because some stores are opting to start their Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving day. This is wrong, in my humble opinion, for two reasons. 1) This move cuts into store employees family time on Thanksgiving day; and 2) Black Friday should be on FRIDAY, hello?!?

I'm not saying there should be no Christmas themed fun prior to Thanksgiving. In fact, as some one who makes her own Christmas cards, I do start a couple months ahead so that I can take my time and enjoy the process rather than trying to get them all done in a couple weeks time. In fact, I worked on Christmas cards over the weekend.




Since I really don't enjoy crowds, I usually avoid the whole Black Friday experience anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love a good bargain but for me the stress of the crowds sucks the joy right out of it.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and that you are able to spend it with some one you love. Thant's what I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment