Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tile Coaster Project

I thought I'd share a picture from the July meeting of the Stampin' Sisters. We meet once a month to do stamping projects. One of our projects this time around was to make a coaster. Mine is the one on the top row, far right.
To make a stamped coaster, you need the following:
  • A tile (we used stone tiles with a porous surface)
  • ModPodge
  • Fixative Spray
  • Cork Sheet (cut to size of coaster)
  • Rubber Stamps
  • StayzOn ink
First we adhered the cork the bottom of the tile with a thin layer of MdPodge. Next, we stamped our images onto the tiles with Staz On ink, then applied a liberal coat of ModPodge over the top. After allowing the ModPodge to dry (it really doesn't take long at all, maybe 15 minutes), we generously sprayed the tile with fixative. Voila! Easy as pie.
I'm currently testing out my coaster to see how it holds up with use. So far so good. If it continues to work well (no running ink, etc.) I may make some more on my own. This  really was a fun and easy project. Can't wait to see what we do next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment